Saturday, August 11, 2007

First in game video!



Alright! So I fixed Norman's animation problem.

WARNING!! NERDY TECHNICAL INFO AHEAD!!

The problem was that I used a biped as his skeleton, and added the root node (Bip01) to his skeleton tree. When you export the .dts file with the Bip01 in there, it adds an additional transform to the character, forcing him to face a different direction during his animation. Pulling the Bip01 out of the skeleton tree and adding it to the remove list in the config file fixed the problem.

END OF NERDY TALK

He's still got some other problems,....he's floating and his arms are cutting into his body in the root pose, but those I can live with for now.

So now I can get on to working on an environment for him to play in before I get to the heavy duty (nerdy) writing code stuff. woohoo!

and as promised, here's the first gameplay video of Norman chasing himself:

No comments: