Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Norm didn't have to use his AK....it was a good day


Not Much in today's update. I set the game to load into third person at the start instead of first person, since Norman's the hero and you aren't!

I thought I was just going to have to set the $firstPerson variable to false somewhere and be done with it, but it turns out I had to use ServerConnection.setFirstPerson($firstPerson); in the onClientEnterGame function in server/game.cs A little nerdy, I know, but it works.

And believe it or not, Norman's not really holding an AK. Sure it looks like one, but in all actuality it's a microphone. I started setting Norman up with his weapon of choice, and there's a lot of work left to be done. The AK model is just a placeholder so that I know he's carrying something different from the BAC (Big Ass Crossbow)

Stay tuned, when Norman will unleash his vocal prowess in all its glory at his enemies!

No comments: